Honduras Missions

The Ritchie Family / Children's Lighthouse

Sunday, August 3, 2008

Visitation, Visions and Romeo


The kids are readying to return to NH and their life of comfort and convienence.

I think they have a lifetime of memories, maybe even changed hearts. At the very least they appreciate their homes and families a little more and see the world a little more like Christ. The girls went visiting to some of our people living along the river in shacks. One young girl, Claudia is their age, just turned 15 and had a baby while they were here. She does not have a home, or a real family, cannot read or write and now must provide for herself and a baby. It was heart wrenching for the girls. Claudia was in Sasha’s bible class before she went off to school. They also visited a few other families along the river and invited them back to church.
Stephen went with us to the new church outreach up in Colonia. 33 adults and 50-60 children meeting under a big ol tree to hear God’s Word. Even a little rain did not chase them off. We have a small medical team coming in 2 weeks to minister to them. They will have a name for the church by then. As with the church in La Cruz I only pray the LORD opens a door to build a meeting place soon. An actual place to meet does ease many of the burdens and will also grow the ministries.
In one home Stephen caught the eye of Heradia’s daughter Juliet.(as in Romeo) I think it has become mutual. Both college grads and mid 20s wanting Gods will…hmm. What a souvenir to bring home. He has been getting a lot of ribbing about it from Carlos. He has been bribing us not to tell the girls her real name(they think it is Julie) because he does not want to forever be called Romeo when he goes home. The bribing/extortion got Carlos a bag of candy and me a bag of cement so far…but that was for yesterday…I need more cement for tomorrow. :) Ya never know what might happen in Honduras.

4 Comments:

At August 3, 2008 at 3:47 PM, Blogger Susanna said...

Sound like they've had a good trip so far....definetly an eye opener, I'm sure! Probably won't see everyday normal things the same again! I know I didn't after I left....anyway,it was good to hear from you all again! We're still praying for you all!

Thanks for the pic's and the update! God bless!

 
At August 4, 2008 at 12:18 PM, Blogger CindyNH said...

I am SURE Cami's life as 5th in the line of 13 is pure ease and comfort. LOL

Hopefully, she will think so upon her return! We are anxious to see them face to face. So many here "think" they want to go next year. We shall see what the Lord does. THanks so much for your hard work and your courageous spirit in taking them in and trusting God on this great expedition.

Cindy

 
At August 6, 2008 at 9:18 AM, Blogger CindyNH said...

Just to let you know, Cami still wants to be a missionary.....God has more work to do on her behalf, but God is raising up another ministering saint for His work, if the Lord tarries His coming.

 
At August 6, 2008 at 10:56 AM, Blogger all_the_glory said...

When we got into the airport and saw some of the wealthier people I could not believe some of the attitudes! I know that I definitely saw something different then they did! I cannot believe how much we take for granted here!!! when I got up on Tues. morning and looked in our fridge I could not stop thanking God for everything we had and I said to my mom "Look at how much food that is...And we still say we have nothing in the house...When we left Mrs.Ritchie literally had nothing left and no more money and was still praising God...THIS is living with ease...THAT is living by faith!" Thank you so much for the experience and your testimonys! I am not going to look at anything here the same again and I want to come back next year!
Still praising Him and missing you!
~Cami

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


View Larger Map