Honduras Missions

The Ritchie Family / Children's Lighthouse

Saturday, December 26, 2009

A gift FOR Christ?

I was awaken this morning with this thought....
What gift did you lay on the altar for Christ? At this time of year most get caught up in the season of gift buying for others, but what did you give the one to whom the season is named? The very words of Christ in John 15:13 are not only talking about a sacrificial death as this verse is commonly used, but of ones life. A stronger reading is to sacrifice all the vitality of your heart, soul and mind to the service of Christ and his will….hmm. No greater gift have we than this to lay at our redeemers feet. We can live our lives for ourselves or we can live for others. As for me and my house….

This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.
Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.
..Also see Deut 10:12, Phil 2:1-8

Christmas in Honduras…. I will update and share some photos and stories in the coming days. Getting ready to go up to Ven a Mi with the kids to preach and distribute stockings…

1 Comments:

At December 26, 2009 at 6:20 PM, Blogger Susanna said...

Thanks for sharing your heart!
You're in our prayers...
God bless as you continue serving Him with your lives!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


View Larger Map