Honduras Missions

The Ritchie Family / Children's Lighthouse

Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year and Happy Birthday


I have joked for years saying the whole world celebrates my birthday(Jan 1) but no one buys me presents…till today. The children all made handmade cards and hugs n kisses. The Cross Baptist Church threw a surprise party for me, it touched me like little else can. Over 150 people packed the tent from 630-9:30pm. Carlos gave a lame excuse to get me away for a while and they set up everything. Food for all, cake, piñata even a skit done by the young people. Carlos dropped me off and I walked into a tent singing and got hugs I think literally from everyone. The children I had to hug 3-5 at a time there were so many. People gave testimonies, tears flowed, two teens wrote touching acrostics on poster board out of my name. Pastor Ramon preached a short devotion of Abraham going…it was very much like the message I received at my ordination from my teacher even the same passages. Ramon also gave a testimony about Ana Cristina (Click for Blog post link). Then the church gave two gifts; one needful, one wonderful. A handmade belt stamped “With love for Barry Ritchie from The Cross Baptist church” embossed on it. (Good thing I’m a big guy). The second was a Question, With around 150 people present the question was asked how many people have trusted the LORD Jesus through this ministry…90% of the hands went up…You cannot ask for a greater reward. The LORD has truly blessed these past 2 years….


Very Unworthy Servant to a Wonderful Worthy Saviour

Barry Ritchie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View Larger Map