Honduras Missions

The Ritchie Family / Children's Lighthouse

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Simply Sweet...

Last night was a special reward for this broken down old warhorse. One of our children here in Honduras, Lenin, gave me the privilege of watching the miracle of a new birth. I was at my desk last evening listening to Jr tell about his project of cooling his computer in oil using car junkyard parts (ie modifying things, Father like son) and Lenin(Le-neen) had come in 6 or more times asking if I needed anything. When Jr left Lenin came in again and said “Papi I need to talk to you, I want to change and be like Jesus, I want him to save me.” I shared a few things but then said you know all this, all you need do is pray. He took my hands and began to pray, all I did was listen. This young boy prayed a prayer of humility, repentance and profound wisdom that would shame a veteran preacher, it was breaking my heart, all I wanted to do was take him up in my arms, which I did when he finished… as did our heavenly Father. To understand the full view of what I was witnessing you must understand that Lenin and his sister Kathern are from a home where the prostitute mother had abandoned them and where father repeatedly told them they were not his, he did not want them, and left them at child services. It is hard to explain to people that we are not an “orphanage” rather we are a family. I often get a deer in the headlights stare when I do. When the Children’s Lighthouse began taking in children I searched the scriptures. I could not find the model of an orphanage, but I did find that we were suppose to take the fatherless into our homes and care for them as our own… this was the bible model. So we have set out to do so, the risk to the heart and life are much greater. There is no turn off switch or time clock where you quit and go home to another life, no separations of "us" and "them". It has been hard and it may seem only a minor difference to some, but to our family it makes all the difference.



Psalms 68:5
A father of the fatherless, and a judge of the widows, is God in his holy habitation.
6 God setteth the solitary in families: he bringeth out those which are bound with chains:




As Lenin left a new creature, I pick up my camera to take a picture….Uh Jr…Why is my camera covered in oil?? Oh well not important right now… :)
Andy preached the last service thursday here at the Lighthouse and a teenage boy we have had helping Tono do a few things trusted the LORD as well as a mom... Line upon line precept upon precept is a church built..

Lisa is still state side hoping to get dental work done and maybe visit another Dr for ongoing care. Still need prayer on many fronts; health, finances, wisdom..... I would rather be dumb as a rock with just a little wisdom than the smartest man without wisdom... I think I am close to the former
unworthy servant to a Worthy Saviour,
Barry
Addendum; went out this morning to find our yearly migration of ants has begun. Normally they pass around the house, this year they decided to cut through. Not sure why they do this but there are so many its like watching a really scary moving carpet 6 feet wide. What do the boys do? Dare each other to run across barefoot... Boy are boys everywhere, like in the USA boys camp, daring who would touch their tongue on the electric horse fence or frozen flag pole... wisdom comes later I suppose... We are also giving a bycycle to a young man in the St Teresa church who is in the city studing. Pastor Augusto told him to attend LaCruz with Carlos, but it was too far and no money for bus fare. Brother Marc Antonio wanted him to work under him and train him in ministry... So a bycycle was an easy fix to the situation...

1 Comments:

At July 27, 2011 at 1:57 PM, Blogger Amber Day said...

Praise the Lord! You all are in my prayers.

Isaiah 40:31

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


View Larger Map